This is one of my best cookie recipes that I have made by far, it is like a cross between a chewy granola bar and chocolate chip cookie. It is an easy and yummy chewy cookie recipe that the whole family will love. The dough can be stored in the refrigerator for 1 week and in the freezer for 3 months.
This recipe makes about 3 dozen
- 1 cup or 2 sticks of organic butter
- 1 cup of organic light brown sugar (can be reduced by 1/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup of organic sugar (can be reduced by 1/8 of cup)
- 2 organic eggs
- 2 tsp of Pure vanilla extract
- 11/4 cups of organic flour
- 1/2 tsp of baking soda
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 3 cups of Bobs Red Mill 5 grain rolled hot cereal
- 1 bag of semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped macadamia nut or walnuts (optional)
In a large bowl cream together butter, sugar, vanilla extract and eggs one at a time with a hand mixer. In separate bowl mix together flour, baking soda, salt. On low-speed in small batches slowly mix dry ingredients into butter mixture. With a large spoon mix in rolled oat, chocolate chips and nuts.
Wrap cookies dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
To bake preheat oven to 350 degrees
Slice cookie 1 to 1 1/2 inches and bake for 14-16 minutes until brown.